Argonide Corporation begins the process of ISO 9001:2015 Certification.
What is ISO 9001?
ISO9001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Organizations use the standard to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements. It is the most popular standard in the ISO 9000 series and the only standard in the series to which organizations can certify.
ISO9001 was first published in 1987 by the International Organization Standardization (ISO), an international agency composed of the national standards bodies of more than 190 countries. The current version of ISO 9001 was released in September 2015.
ISO 9001 is based on the plan-do-check act methodology and provides a process-oriented approach to documenting and reviewing the structure, responsibilities, and procedures required to achieve effective quality management in an organization. Specifications of the standard contain information topics such as:
• Requirements for a quality management system, including documentation of a quality manual, document control, and determining process interactions.
• Responsibilities of management
• Management of resources, including human resources and an organization’s work environment.
• Product realization, including the steps from design to delivery.
• Measurement, analysis, and improvement of the QMS through activities like internal audits and corrective and preventive action.
ISO9001:2015 – Revisions to ISO 9001
The changes introduced in the 2015 revision are intended to ensure that ISO 9001 continues to adapt to the changing environments in which the organizations operate. Some of the key updates in ISO 9001:2015 include the introduction of new technology, restructuring some of the information, an emphasis on risk-based thinking to enhance the application of the process approach, improved applicability for services, and increased leadership requirements.
Argonide will be one of the first companies to be ISO9001:2105 certified.