What is DEAL?
- DEAL is DE (diatomaceous earth) with a coating of aluminum oxide-hydroxide (AlOOH).
- DEAL is highly electropositive (up to +80 mV), while bare DE is highly electronegative (-70mV).
- The strong electropositive forces attract and retain colloidal particles that are intrinsically electronegative in water.
How Does Standard DE Work?
- DEAL is a functionalized/improved form of DE. DE has been used extensively to purify water in swimming pools, as well as industrial and municipal plants.
- A precoat filter bed of DE, generally 3 mm thick, is first formed and then additional DE is added to the body fluid.
- When the pressure drop exceeds specification, the DE bed, with contaminants, is internally back washed and discarded. DE has limited efficiency for removing bacteria, virus and colloids, and no capability for removing arsenic or lead.
More About DEAL
- DEAL is currently available with an average particle size of 60 microns.
- When used in the precoat process, this grade of DEAL can remove 99.99999% of bacteria and virus, and reduce soluble lead from 150 ppb down to 7 ppb.
DEAL ARG-A3 is our 2.5 x 10 filter that has been optimized to attract, capture and retain sub-micron particles including bacteria and virus. This filter is the 3rd Stage of our 3 stage P231 Certified CoolBlue™ Water Purifier. Learn More ›
NanoForm™ is a new series of structurally static filters for the POU markets that are driven by the patented DEAL technology. Form functions include carbon blocks, porous plastics and DEAL-only blocks of which all will capture submicron contaminants with minimal pressure drop. This includes virus, bacteria, colloidal particles, etc.
MicroClear™ is a compact single stage filter cartridge that was designed to treat a multitude of water contamination issues and was engineered to meet or exceed the microbiological removal requirements of the U.S. EPA’s Guide Standard. This is a carbon filter with DEAL and therefore will address not only pharmaceuticals, lead, VOCs, chlorine and chloramine, but microbiological contaminants as well.
To see a demo of how DEAL works, visit our Argonide Channel on YouTube.
For more facts click: DEAL Ad